Day six and seven - 8th & 9th August 2017



Day 6 & 7 - Am I an adult yet?


Do you know what it's like when you tell people that you're free on bank holiday? First they get confused and ask what you mean. 
"What do you mean, you're free every day, it's Summer holiday, remember??"
"No, no my child" said the little intern whilst patting her dubious friend on the head, "I'm an ' adult '. I have work, everyday! Today is my free day! May I repeat, this is because I'm (like) an adult!"
"I'm older than you."

Let me tell you, people find it weird when they hear this from a teenager. You're also likely to not have anyone believe you. 

Anyways, so I started my second week at Movidius on Tuesday :) 

First I did my usual trip to the kettle and once I finished making my tea, off I went to work. <- See, at least I sound like an adult, right? 
If I haven't already said this (I've mentioned it a thousand times at home already, so why not say it here too?), the little intern knows how to set up a 3D printer by herself! Hm, I think I already said this... Oh well ;)


After re-modelling and working together to find a solution for some issues here and there in our Trinity College project, Leonie, Jonathan (he made the video I shared in my last post and works a lot with 3D printing and more cool stuff. He also helped make the timelapse) and I set out to finish printing the whole model!


During my second day this week, I made a new friend: Superglue.
Once all the Trinity pieces were done and printed, the little intern took her scissors and super glue, and began putting them all together. (If I didn't already say, there are 4 pieces of Trinity College that we had to print individually because the full piece was too big)

Much cutting and gluing later, our Trinity College project was officially done! I must say, the little intern is pretty proud :)

So as Wednesday came to end, the little intern set up her design in the 3D printer (that's right, I designed something) and left the building. As I've said many many times, she was excited for her next day at work!


P.s. 
Tomorrow I'm working on facial recognition again!! :)

Comments

  1. Did you remember to take the 3D print with you as a souvenir? It sounds like you're thinking of TCD already. They have great engineering and CS degrees. My son Paolo has just finished 1st year in TCD CS and found the programme very challenging but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought my two designs home, and thank you for the advice! I'll be looking into it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day nine - 11th August 2017

Day two - 1st August 2017