Day nine - 11th August 2017




Day 9 - My last day at Movidius


The little intern climbed into the bus and said her silent greetings to the usual, buzzing tourists with their oversized back-packs and cheery atmosphere, avid readers that huddle themselves over their battered but much loved books, and the fellow working people, each from different companies, with their name tags and t-shirts already stating that they're "Ready to help!" even though they're forcefully chugging down their cups of coffee, cautious not to spill the drinks whilst the bus does its jolts and turns.
The little intern took her seat and sighed, for today was her last day working in a Tech company as a teenager. 
At least she can still brag about the fact that, after today, she used to have an internship in Movidius!

The little intern made her tea, set up her desk and went to retrieve her latest item she 3D printed. This time, a phone holder for when she wants to have her movie nights at her desk with a bowl of popcorn and chocolate bars. 
After they finished the great Trinity College model, she was allowed to design her own models for herself. Much, much scrolling through ideas on google, later; she had found a design that in her opinion was worthy of being printed. Others may think its lame, but the little intern would beg to differ. 
I mean, who wouldn't want a device that can let you hold your book wide open with only one hand? 
Oh.. OK, I see it. It works great though (the first time she printed this, she realised it was too small for her thumb to go through. Made a new one and this time, it was a perfect fit)!


Some Python tutorials later, the little intern was invited to a lunch out. Not only was it her last day at Movidius, another intern there in fact was bidding his farewells as well!

I must say, along with all the code I have learned here throughout my internship, I have also experimented with my taste buds. Whether it being Mexican food (Quesadilla), Japanese food (Teriyaki Noodles) or Thai food (Pad Thai noodles and prawns) which I had today, I have eaten it all! :) 

Now the little intern sits at her desk by the beautiful view of O'Connell bridge, warming her insides with her second mug of tea whilst writing this blog post. 


NOTE: THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES FORM A THANK YOU PARAGRAPH BY YOURS TRULY

I have been so grateful throughout my whole time here, and still am, for having this amazing experience. Along the way I have made friends (yes, with adults) and have grown a fondness for the life behind a screen, working underneath the "pretty pictures". Who knows, maybe in the future, I'll be a coder like the people I have been surrounded by these past two weeks? None of this would have been possible without Teen Turn's incredible project and Movidius's generosity. 
(I sound like I'm giving an award speech at the Oscars... *Dramatically chokes back a sob while standing on a greatly lit stage, pulls her fur coat back up onto her shoulders and flaps her hands in front of her eyes to stop the tears from rolling down her makeup*

OK, seriously now! 
Thank you Teen Turn for giving all of us teenagers a chance to experience something as amazing as this and thank you Leonie, for mentoring me throughout my journey here (it was great fun!), also thank you David and everyone else here at Movidius for accepting me and helping to welcome me to the world of Tech! 

It has been an amazing experience!


Well, that's it guys. This is the little intern signing off!

Comments

  1. Thanks for your help Kathleen. We enjoyed your company and energy and hope to have you back in the future

    -David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it as well! It was a great experience and I hope too that I'll be back in the future!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the help Kathleen. Hope to have you back in Movidius some time. Enjoyed the blog too. All the best. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Kathleen! the 3D models of trinity really show the power of our new format. Thanks again for your persistence with the printer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really enjoyed working on the Trinity project and I totally agree!

      Delete
  4. Great job Kathleen! Thanks for all your help with the 3D printing! Hope to have you back sometime, best of luck with everything :)

    Léonie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Léonie for all the help there as well! Best of luck to you too!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day two - 1st August 2017

Day six and seven - 8th & 9th August 2017