Day one in Movidius - 31st July 2017



Day 1 - The little intern

 

First of all, let's just get this clear: working in tech is NOT boring, and you're hearing this from someone who isn't even that experienced in coding or anything computer related. To anyone who says otherwise, I'm on a mission to change your mind.
  
My first day went a little like this:
  • The little intern (me), walks into the correct building- yes I know, I'm proud too :) ... *secretly thanks Google Maps*. Once the little intern is shown where to go, she begins her quest on finding her mentor! Surely enough, the little intern trips on one of the steps but we mustn't talk about that. 
  • Now we must congratulate the little intern on successfully finding her mentor, Leonie! Then I get a tour of Movidius by Leonie and -of course- I eat one of the home-made chocolates that were in the kitchen.
 Now I list the pros and cons of eating that chocolate:
Pro- it was delicious, duh. 
Con- the little intern was supposed to be introducing herself to almost everyone in the office, and she couldn't do that with a mouth full of chocolate, now could she? 
So the little intern was left chewing determinedly on that chocolate hoping it didn't get stuck in her teeth whilst moving on to shake another person's hand. 
         
INTERESTING FACT NO.1: I'm part Romanian
INTERESTING FACT NO.2: So is Movidius! One of their main branches is in Timisoara, Romania.
Oh and by the way, the home-made chocolate that I rushed through earlier on was actually home-made Romanian chocolate :) 


  • Next came the task. I was told to collect images of the people in my team to use in a project of mine. This was one of the more interesting parts of the little intern's first day as she realised how much she stutters while asking people if they want to participate in her project (luckily, the people here are nice and don't mind my occasional awkwardness). As the day went by and the little intern was doing and learning more code, it was obviously a victorious feeling that she began to experience as she became, bit-by-bit, more fluent in typing her code. *Jinxes it and has trouble writing in code* Hm, back to square one I guess.
Since I found it really interesting, I'm going to show you guys what the little intern was up to all day. Don't worry, I wasn't actually sad. My project requires you to act out all sorts of emotions and take photos of them. You can imagine what I looked like then: A room full of workers typing away at their computers yet, at one side of the room is the little intern smiling, frowning and raising her eyebrows at the camera of her laptop. Yup, I looked real professional. No jokes for just a moment, it was actually fun and very interesting :) 


Off goes the little intern to prepare for her second day as an intern at Movidius, see ya guys later!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day nine - 11th August 2017

Day two - 1st August 2017

Day six and seven - 8th & 9th August 2017